The National Commission for Combating Traffic in Human Beings (NCCTHB) annually develops a National Programme for Prevention and Counteraction of Trafficking in Human Beings and Protection of Victims. The 2005 National Program contains six strategic objectives under the six sections of the Program, where each objective to be achieved is supplemented by several activities which will facilitate this.
An outline of the sections and main goals to be achieved can be seen below:
SECTION 1: INSTITUTIONAL MEASURES
– Establishment of the administrative structures provided for in the Law on Anti-Trafficking in Human Beings, at a national and local level.
SECTION 2: PREVENTION
– Raise the public awareness of the problems of trafficking in human beings and develop mechanisms for its limitation and create public intolerance to this phenomenon.
SECTION 3: PROTECTION OF VICTIMS OF TRAFFICKING IN HUMAN BEINGS
– Providing support and assistance to victims of trafficking and protection of their rights.
SECTION 4: RECOVERY AND REINTEGRATION OF VICTIMS
– Overcoming the consequences of trafficking in human beings and reintegrate the victims in society.
SECTION 5: INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
– Improving international cooperation and exchange of best practices in relation to the counteraction of trafficking in human beings.
SECTION 6: LEGISLATIVE MEASURES
* See National Programme for details.
The full text if the 2005 National Program is only available in Bulgarian: download here